Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Green and Go

Green Goodness :)
Well this morning it was a bit of a struggle to get out of bed, but I knew that I would feel better once I got moving.  I have been doing something new for my pre-workout meal.  Making a green smoothie.  It is sooooo good and gives me tons of energy.  Not to mention tons of other great stuff like antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer, high in beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, lutein, and not shabby on the calcum.  All that before breakfast :)



1 frozen banana
hemp protein powder (or any protein powder, really)
1 handful of fresh organic kale
a scoop of greens powder
a little water

Blend until smooth and Enjoy!

It sounds a little, well, green at first :)  But I am telling you it is good!  The banana adds alot of sweetness and texture.  There is also tons of other ideas at http://www.greenmonstermovement.com/ .  It's a great way to start your day! 
Well I am sitting here finishing up and actually kind of enjoying my peppermint tea :)  So I better get moving.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment