Thursday, August 19, 2010

Goodness

Well it's official, I started packing!  Good thing I guess, since a week from today we are moving :)  It's exciting to start fresh in a new apartment with new carpet and a fireplace!! Wohoo!!  Bring on the Fall!!!  Hoping that this mini heat wave this weekend is the last of the 100s we see for this year! 
Today is going pretty well.  I had to train a cardiologist this morning, it's a very good lesson in patience and listening :)  It went well though.  Then Bryan is off and we are taking a trip to Whole Foods at lunch :) That makes me happy, I love to go there, very relaxing and I just feel good after I leave ...although my bank account can't always say the same!
This morning I had some Vegan Overnight Oats based on the recipe at http://www.ohsheglows.com/.

1/3 C. rolled oats
1 C Almond Milk (I'm sure you could use whatever kind you want)
2T Chia seeds (these make the oatmeal, they absorb all the liquid and really add a TON of good nutrients)
1T Hemp (I add this to pump up the protein)
1 banana mashed (small)
Cinnamon ( I add alot, I LOVE cinnamon)

Whisk all ingredients together, cover and put the the fridge over night.  If you really wanna get crazy, freeze a banana and then right before your ready to eat throw it in the food processor and blend till smooth.  Then layer that in between layers of the oatmeal.  I'm telling you it tastes like dessert for breakfast!

Hope you have a fabulous day!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what half of those ingredients are, but you make them sound so delicious!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete