Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Bound



That was my favorite book growing up.  It's about a family that gets snowed in and does all kinds of fun and creative things.  I used to read it over and over and just imagine the fun we could have. :) 

It's been such a blessing to be stuck, ironically.  You can't go anywhere so there's no pressure to do anything, just relax, which is something that I really need more of lately.  Plus AT&T closed yesterday and today, so Bryan is home too.  Hard to believe it was in the 60s and 70s last weekend!

I've gotten lots of little projects done like organizing and cleaning things that I just haven't had time or energy to do, so I am feeling much more ready for Lola to arrive in + or -11 weeks (whoa!)


She is definitely getting bigger all the time.  She is dangerously close to being able to kick me in the ribs and last night she kicked me in the side and it hurt, that was the first time it actually hurt. 

Despite all the "little" inconveniences that pregnancy brings with it, today I am reflecting on just how good I have it and how thankful I am to be married to my best friend, have a warm house, food and water and access to good medical care.   I read a story on a blog (http://allthingshendrick.blogspot.com/2011/01/thursdays.html) about women and girls in Haiti that are pregnant and how they have so little and most are in situations where they can't even get enough to eat or drink!  I guess I knew in my head that those situations existed, but it really hit me today.  I can't complain, I have so much to be thankful for, so much I DON'T deserve!

Speaking of things I don't deserve, I had the opportunity to spend the last week with my family and friends in PA.  It was such a blessing!




Judah is getting so big already!  I LOVE being an aunt, it's so fun!  Although I wish I could be there all the time to really watch him grow, but I think he knows that I love him :)  I even got a little smile and wave goodbye as I was leaving. 



My AMAZING friend Amy planned a shower for me with a few of my high school/college friends and sister in law.  She did an amazing job, making all vegan food and just doing it in her usual, "Amy" way (=absolutely perfect)!



My good friend, Sarah, drove in from New Jersey with her newest little girl, Taylor.  It was SO good to see her and Taylor!



And of course Judah stole the show with his shirt that we got him to tell Jared and Jess that we were having a baby.  It says, "This little monkey is going to be a big cousin"  LOVE IT :)

I got to spend some much needed time with my sister in law, Jess.  It's so great to have someone like her who approaches things a lot like I do, plus just went through everything I am about to.  It's definitely a bonding time, which I love because I also have always wanted a sister who I can share with, what a blessing!

Of course I had some great conversations with my dad, another blessing in my life.  We just get each other, like not many other people in my life.  It is so good to hear how God is stretching and encouraging him every day. 

It's also fun to watch my dad and brother with Judah.  They are both so good with him and love him so much.  I know my mom would be too. 

Saying goodbye is the hardest part of visiting, always brings on the tears, I really do miss my family, but knowing that they are doing good and supporting me and excited for Lola, helps make life here in Tulsa a little easier.  Not to mention the fact that I know this is where God has me for this season in my life.  

So that's a recap of my last week.  It's been a really pretty perfect one!  I start my last week in the 20's tomorrow, which I cannot believe.  But am totally psyched!  I see my midwife on Monday for my 29 week appointment, which start my "measure and listen" appointments for the next several weeks, short but sweet to hear her little heart more often :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you got all that snow! Crazy but glad it forced you to rest! I love this post- so many good things :-) Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete