Thursday, January 20, 2011

27 weeks

Total weight gain:

So I gained another 5 lbs, as of this past visit with my midwife.  She said that I am right where I am supposed to be.  I was pretty shocked though, because I haven't been able to eat as much because I feel so full after just a little bit of food and if I over do it then I can't breathe, so it's a delicate balance to say the least.  My belly is definitely growing, but I feel like my pants are bigger in the legs, so maybe that's all Lola weight...or not :) 






How big is baby? She is supposed to be the size of an eggplant still, but around 2 lbs and 14.5 inches long, so she's getting there!




Maternity clothes: Haven't bought anything new for a while.  I think I will try to find one more pair of jeans this weekend if the weather cooperates, so I have a little variety when I go home next week.  I really don't want to wear my work clothes all week long and I only have one pair of jeans right now.  I do have my regular jeans with the beband, but it's so uncomfortable. 






Stretch marks: Nothing really yet.




Sleep: I wake up with my hip throbbing and have to flip over.  Still not sleeping that great but I guess I am getting used to it cause it doesn't seem to bother me as much any more.

Movement: ALOT!  I was in a 3 hour meeting this morning and was bored so I just sat there watching her move around and my stomach do all kinds of crazy things, it was pretty entertaining.  The other night she kicked me right under my ribs and left her foot there for a second I about shot right out of bed from the weird feeling, it didn't hurt, but was just really weird having this foot sticking out of me LOL.




Food cravings: I've been having cereal at night a little more, my favorite is puffed millet with frozen blueberries.  I'll have my protein shake in the AM with a banana.  I've also been making Wheatberrie salad with garbanzos and cucumbers and peppers with this homemade balsamic vinaigrette, all on a bed of spinach, it's really good!  I just make a huge bowl on Saturday and eat it all week.  For dinner I've been making quinoa with red lentils and steamed zucchini and some tahini garlic lemon dressing that I found the recipe for.  Very good and very filling.  Mostly snacks have been fruit, apples or strawberries and dried mango.  I am very happy to report that my glucose test came back normal and my iron levels are good, pretty good for a vegan, I'd say!




Food aversions: Same here no Mexican, no popcorn, nothing spicy...and a weird one, in the morning I've been working out in the little "fitness room" at our apartment and I'll watch TLC.  They keep playing these commercials for the weird addictions show, I can't remember the real name.  Anyways, there's a girl on there that was eating laundry soap and another one eating couch cushions...I have to close my eyes during that cause I just wanted to throw up right there every time it came on. 




Belly button: Getting alittle flatter, my midwife said she'll be curious to see if mine pops out at all, I guess hers didn't till 33 weeks, so it could still be coming!







What I'm looking forward to: Going HOOOMMMMMEEEE! Whohoo! And next week I will officially be in the 3rd trimester.  Although I've seen things that say everything from 25, 26 or 27 weeks is the 3rd, I think 28 is actually right, but who knows I guess. 



Weekly Wisdom: Think on what is true.  Be faithful in the small things.  Being completely and totally dependant on God is the BEST place in the world to be.






Weekly joys: Having a good appointment with Kim, my midwife and finding out that I will now go in every 2-3 weeks, it's getting closer!  10 weeks from today Lola will be full term!  What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh 10 weeks is soooo soon!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see your prego bump!! Lola will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete