Thursday, November 4, 2010

I am 16 going on 17...weeks that is!

I can't believe that I am 4 months along on this journey of being pregnant.  The time drags mostly, but when I look back I can't believe I am here already!  4 more weeks and I'll be at the 1/2 way point! Craziness!!  It's really easy to get worked up about the little things (even with my personal ban from researching anything online, because quite frankly it can be terrifying!).  Sometimes I worry about if I am giving the baby everything it needs with the food I eat...which in part is aggravated by all the lovely, well meaning (I think) people who say I need to eat cake and ice cream with a side of chips and steak.  Somehow I don't really think my baby can grow it's strongest if it starts life on a steady diet of junk.  I pray for wisdom every day that I will know what is best.  But I was just sitting here thinking about our bodies and how much we don't know or understand that goes on.  WE don't hold anything together.  While I know we aren't supposed to throw caution to the wind and live recklessly, there's got to be something to say for seeking after God because He holds it all in His hands.  I mean, the world has gone on in spite of our greatest efforts to create complete chaos and something in that says, We are the creation.  Plain and simple.  I think about my new little nephew that I am going to hopefully meet TOMORROW!! His little life was planned by God, he was brought into the world as a part of a bigger plan.  God knew that Bryan and I would be his uncle and aunt and Jess and Jared would be his parents.  He knew my dad would be his grandpa.  Life isn't an accident, even though it's not always in our plans.  It's in His.  I pray that I will one day be able to fully embrace the freedom that this acknowledgment brings.  We are to strive to live like Him, He'll take care of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment