Thursday, December 23, 2010

5 and 3/4 months, 23 weeks, 119 days to go, 4 months from yesterday! - I LOVE countdowns :)

Total weight gain: So, the scale said I gained 3 pounds, but I think it's probably more like 1 or 2 because of the oatmeal with banana, 2 liters of water, and venti coffee I had before I got there, so I'm floating (ha ha) around 12 or 13 so far

How big is baby? babycenter.com says: Baby is the size of a large mango -- just over a pound. (Length: more than 11 inches.)





Maternity clothes: Nothing new here still sticking with my 2 pairs of maternity pants and beband, feel like I might need some new shirts, cause my options are limited on length.



Stretch marks: Nada


Sleep:  Not been the greatest, I am completely exhausted most of the time and wake up and then can't fall back asleep.  Oddly enough I upped my water intake to 3 liters and I slept through the night last night...I thought I was going to pay for it dearly too!  So maybe hydration is the key?! Who knows I will keep giving it a try and see how it goes.

Movement: Getting more and more every day.  The kicks are getting stronger too, sometimes I am afraid she is going to hurt herself (or me:) , it's so forceful.  She is definitely just like her mama (and papa :) and gets demanding when she is hungry, she kicks more before I have a late lunch or dinner.




Food cravings: Yeah still not really cravings, per Se. For dinner, I have been having steamed zucchini with a grain like quinoa, bulgur or couscous and this tahini garlic lemon dressing that I made, it is seriously yum!  Lunch is still the protein packed bulgur with tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and garbanzos (30+ grams baby!).  Breakfast I have been making oatmeal with some hemp seed and banana.  So throw a few snacks in there and I am pretty much back in the protein range I need to be, and feeling much, MUCH better.


Food aversions: Ok, so I seriously think that the person in the cubical behind me is making chili from scratch in there!  There are lots of clanking around and the spice smell is overpowering...so much so that I was actually sneezing, I think from breathing it in! YUCK!


Belly button: Same-o, Same-o



What I'm looking forward to: Looking forward to next week because then I will be 6 months!! whohoo!  Also this weekend and spending time with Bryan's family and mine (via good old Skype) and relaxing a little.

Weekly Wisdom: Planning ahead is good, but there's definitely a line you can cross into obsessive compulsive worrying about everything...I've been flirting with that line a little.  Also, taking things with a grain of salt, especially comments from well meaning people.  A girl I work with told me that "You don't look pregnant, just wider."   AWESOME!  I got a little offended by that at first, but ya know what, whatever!  I've learned through the years that some people feel compelled to comment on things and words just come out of their mouth that aren't really attached to major analysis, unlike the the things that I usually say that are DOA (those Law and Order Episodes are paying off!!) because of OVER analysis.  So we all have our issues :)


Weekly joys: We found a doctor for Lola!! He's very pro natural and he wrote a book called Detoxing for Dummies!  Had a great appointment with my midwife, Kim.  Lola's heart rate was 143 bpm.  I'm measuring right on schedule.  It's so good to hear her little heart and know that everything is going right.  We are truly blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment