Saturday, July 31, 2010

Begin at the beginning

Life is funny.  One day you think you have it all figured out and the next nothing is certain.  Going through several huge changes in the past several years has been quite a ride, but I can definitely say that it has been worth it.  I used to pray that God would keep me right where I was.  It was a time in my life where I thought I had it all figured out, I was happy, or so I thought.  Actually I was so terrified of moving downward that I was content to stay put.  Oh how I underestimated this life and the God that gave it to me.  I am on a journey, slowly learning to trust and ask God not to leave me here, but to take me higher than I ever could have dreamed of. 
I chose the title a change in the making, because that is what I am and always want to be, redeemed, moving in the upward direction, closer to God and never being satisfied with where He has me, but being hungary for something bigger. 
It's a journey and I want to take it all in, every single second!  In thinking about how I might better be able to soak it all up I think one of the most exciting things for me is to be able to share my thoughts and life in a real way.  So this is the perfect place for me to do that. 
I am training for the New York City Marathon in November, trying to become a great vegan chef :)  and becoming a full fledged aunt the fall (not that the other, I think 18 don't count, but ya know, this is my little brother!!
:)  So I am sure I will have lots to share!
I want to be able to journal my thoughts about everything from running to food to family and friends.  So come along for the ride.  I have a feeling it's going to be great!

1 comment:

  1. Linney! I really enjoy reading your posts. I did not know you were vegan! Totally interesting. Does Bryan eat that way, too?

    ReplyDelete